[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
clubstylus - View topic - Proud owner of new car
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Proud owner of new car 
Stylus owner

Post Proud owner of new car
I have just about completed the purchase of a part built Stylus chassis number SSC030116.
I think this is one of the last cars sold by SSC before Tim became the owner, so it has been sat around for a long while although it is nearly complete.
I am yet to get the car home as I am in Devon, the car is in Worcester and I live in Aviemore but the car move will be sorted by the end of June.

One thing that will need to be done for the IVA is change the seats, as there are no head restraints, does anybody know if Lotus Elise seats will fit as I quite like the look.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:55 pm
Stylus owner

Post Re: Proud owner of new car
They do fit from what Tim said. However I know he made the transmission tunnel narrower on the later chassis. He had them in his demo car he was building.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:07 am
Stylus owner

Attachments:
005.JPG
005.JPG [ 49.87 KiB | Viewed 2354 times ]
004.JPG
004.JPG [ 49.39 KiB | Viewed 2354 times ]

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:02 am
Stylus owner

Thanks for the note on the Elise seats, I don't have short legs, what other seats are in use in the Stylus?

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:00 pm
Stylus owner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Seconded for the GRP shell type seats - mine are the kitbitsdirect ones - they get you nice and low in the car and are surprisingly comfortable on road. The catch is you'll need to edge them and make sure the lap belts don't rub on the sides for the IVA so choose your model carefully. Also, the harness bar on my standard roll hoop (looks like you don't have one though) is too high for the shoulder straps.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:50 pm
Stylus owner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:55 pm
Stylus owner

I am now back home in Aviemore and have now taken delivery. The car was built as a rolling chassis by SSC and has a Zetec engine with alpha gold tbs. I am cleaning her up before I do much more and have found a fuel leak, just need to see where from. The rear trailing arms are straight which iirc need to be replaced with "bent" arms.

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:56 pm