[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
clubstylus - View topic - SSC Limited
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:08 pm

SSC Limited 
Stylus owner

Post SSC Limited
Hi All

Some of you may have had the feeling something was happening :?:

Having been a Stylus owner for about 15 years, I have had the opportunity to purchase the rights to the design, the moulds & the jigs, etc from Tim Benbow, who has been hiding the car away since 2008. Am pleased to say that Tim & I have now shaken hands on the deal, and I look forward to getting to grips with it all.

Stylus Sports Cars Limited will re-launch over the winter, with website, kit/part pricing, etc, and with the intention of getting going properly in 2015.

So... in the near future we intend to start producing the SSC Stylus and Stylus RT again in small numbers, along with supporting existing owners with previously unobtainable parts, bodywork, etc.
Lots to do in the immediate future making sure all the parts are available to build a complete car, substituting for Ford bits NLA , etc, etc. And of course a flashy new demo car to build.
Overall, not expecting to make a fortune out of it, just make the car available again for those that want one or want to keep an existing one on the road..... Time will tell if its a good idea or not !!!

There is a holding page online for what will be the company website here -
(Please forgive the amateur format which I put together yesterday, better to follow)
Same info on a PDF flyer, some of which got clipped under wipers at Donington earlier today, is here -

Regards to All

Matt Downes
Stylus Sports Cars Limited

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Post Re: SSC Limited
Congratulations Matt. Glad to see one of the best kit cars is back up and running. All the best for the future. I'm sure all current and future owners will support you in your endeavour to keep and improve the Stylus sports car.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:42 pm

wow - great news.
I need some RT arches for my classic - hurry up lol.... :D

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:03 pm
Stylus owner

Great news Matt. Does that mean you bringing the operation local as well.?

Let me know when you have your "open day", or just need any help.
Kevin

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:53 am
Stylus owner

Cheers All.

RT arch kits should be straightforward to produce.
Will get onto that ;-)

And yes - SSC will be based near me in the South.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:14 am
Stylus owner

Well done Matt :D , now we can all talk it up , such a relief after needing to ' zip ' it while the inevitable dotting i's and crossing t's was done . I'm really pleased for you and that SSC is now not only back but in a central location --- that has to be an advantage .
Like Kev says , don't be shy to ask if I can help :) I have the tall CLUBSTYLUS flag/post if it's ever useful plus an EZE-UP :wink:

Brilliant :P

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:15 am

Great news, good on ya! 8)

Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:24 pm
Stylus owner

Congrats Matt all the best for the rebirth off the Stylus.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:01 pm

Genuinely pleased to hear this piece of good news!! :P Embarrassed that the company has been in three sets of hands and I still haven’t finished one car…. :oops:

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:27 am
Stylus owner

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:50 am

congrats to matt
glad to hear the good news if there is going to be an open day hope there is going to be some kind of line up of our cars I for one would like to be there with mine
once againe well done to matt
regards ian

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:52 pm
Stylus owner

Excellent news! I really hope you can make a go of it. :D

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Great news Matt !! :D
All the best with new venture.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 am
Site Admin

Fantastic news Matt, and you will even be local to us as well. Congratulations....I'm going for a drive in the Stylus....right now! :D :D :D

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:23 pm
Stylus owner

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:06 pm